February is Pet Dental Health Month and we’re celebrating with this simple 3 ingredient pet toothpaste!
Did you know that pet dental issues can lead to more serious concerns in the kidneys, liver, and heart? Not only is it important to have your vet examine your pet’s teeth once a year, but it’s also recommended that you brush your pet’s teeth 1-3 times a week to keep them healthy and clean.
You can buy toothpaste for dogs and cats, but your fur-babies might not love the taste. Our simple do-it-yourself toothpaste recipe can be personalized with your pet’s favorite flavorings. We chose to flavor ours with chicken bouillon so it can be used for both cats and dogs, but if your dog prefers peanut butter, or your cat prefers tuna – personalize away!
This simple toothpaste uses our Perio Support powder for extra cleaning benefits! Made with natural zeolites and unique minerals, Perio Support is clinically proven to reduce plaque and tartar buildup within 28 days!*
Here’s what you will need:
- Small bowl
- Airtight container
- 1 tbsp. Coconut oil
- ½ tsp. Chicken bouillon (or flavor enhancer of your choice)
- ½ tbsp. Perio Support powder
- Add all ingredients to your bowl and mix well until it forms a paste.
- Place in an airtight container and store in your refrigerator for up to 2 weeks!
- Use a tiny amount on a toothbrush 1-3 times a week to keep your pet’s teeth clean.
That’s it! We hope you enjoy this super easy DIY. If you make your own, tag us @vetriscience on Instagram and @vetrisciencepro on Facebook, we would love to see!