We love a good homemade treat, especially one with extra benefits for your dog or cat! These four-ingredient Homemade Pumpkin Pet Gummies are packed with superfoods and make the perfect anytime treat for your pet.
Pumpkin Puree: Pumpkin is not only delicious, it provides a great source of fiber for your dog or cat! Pumpkin can help keep your pet regular all while providing healthy vitamins.
Gelatin: Plain gelatin is a great natural source of lysine, which can help keep your pet’s skin and coat healthy and shiny.
Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is a natural source of lauric acid, which can help support a healthy inflammatory response. It is also a healthy fat, which can help with both digestion and joint health.
Perio Support: Perio Support is a dental powder for both dogs & cats that contains beneficial probiotics that can help restore microbial balance in the mouth and remove plaque-causing bacteria. It also has taurine and cranberry powder, both of which are a rich source of antioxidants and can support gum tissue health.
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup water
- 1 gelatin packet (.25 oz)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Perio Support
- Silicone molds (in whatever shape you like!)
- Pour gelatin packet into 1 cup of cold water. Let sit for 5 minutes until the gelatin “blooms” (the gelatin powder absorbs the water).
- Heat the bloomed gelatin on low-medium heat, continuously stirring until fully combined.
- Add the coconut oil and continue to stir until the oil is melted and fully combined.
- Pour the gelatin mix into a bowl and allow to cool slightly.
- Add pumpkin and mix well.
- Once the mixture is cool, sprinkle the Perio Support into the bowl and mix well.
- Pour mixture into silicone molds and place in the fridge (1-2 hours) or freezer (30-45 minutes) until solidified.
These gummies can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Enjoy! These gummies are so easy to make, and you can customize the recipe to your pet’s taste. Swap pumpkin for bone broth, peanut butter, pureed tuna or whitefish, or Greek yogurt!