The dog days of summer are here. Whether you’re taking your dog on a hike or enjoying a beach day, it’s important to make sure they don’t get overheated. Thankfully, we have the perfect treat that will help keep your canine companion cool and you can enjoy together! This frozen treat recipe is made with just four simple ingredients and packed with fiber and vitamin C. Not to mention it’s super easy to whip up at home before your summer activities.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 2-4 hours
- ½ cup strawberries
- ½ cup bananas (chopped)
- ¾ cup water
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
Note: Make sure peanut butter does not contain xylitol, a sweetener harmful to dogs
- Silicone mold or ice cube tray
- Wash the strawberries and remove the stems.
- Puree the fruit, peanut butter, and water in a blender.
- Pour mixture into a silicone mold or an ice cube tray.
- Put in the freezer until completely frozen.
- Store in an airtight container and enjoy on a hot summer day!
In addition to keeping your pet cool this summer, it’s important to maintain their joint health as you do more activities than usual! Try giving your dog GlycoFlex Plus, a joint health supplement to help improve their mobility and flexibility.