Now that summer is here, it’s more important than ever to keep your pup hydrated. Depending on their activity level, your dog could need as much as 3 times the normal amount of fluid to stay hydrated in the hotter months. There are a lot of ways you can keep up with your dog’s hydration:
- Make sure water bowls are refilled frequently with clean water.
- Add liquid like broth or water to their food.
- Adjust your daily walks to keep them out of the sun during the hottest part of the day.
- Get them a kiddy pool or splash pad.
- Give them extra hydrating treats like a fun Mutt-Tail.
If your pup likes to indulge in the summer, we’ve got a simple, delicious recipe for you. Using just 3 ingredients and a little water, your dog will be slurping up every last drop.
- 1 cup frozen watermelon
- ½ cup frozen banana
- ¼ coconut milk (unsweetened)
- 1 cup water
Blend all ingredients together and enjoy!
If you make this Mutt-Tail, we would love to see your dog enjoying it! Tag us on Instagram @vetriscience.
Note: Coconut milk is high in fat and can have sweeteners. Check the label to make sure there is no sugar or xylitol in the ingredients. Due to the nature of the fat content, we recommend saving this for an occasional treat.