Fall is officially here, which means it’s pumpkin spice latte season for us humans. But who said our canine companions can’t enjoy a PSL too? Don’t worry, we’ve cooked up a coffee-free version!
Besides, pumpkin is not just for people. There are a lot of health benefits of pumpkin for dogs. It can help with digestion, support urinary health, and even maintain healthy skin and fur. In fact, they should be eating more of it!
That’s why we made this dog-friendly PSL recipe. It’s easy to make and a fun treat for your pup to enjoy this fall.
Total time: 15 minutes
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- ¼ cup all-natural chicken broth
- Ice cubes
- Dash of cinnamon
- Whipped cream with no added sugar
- Add the pumpkin, chicken broth, and ice to the shaker and shake well.
- Then add the yogurt and shake well again.
- Pour into a cup or dog bowl.
- Top with a dollop of whipped cream and cinnamon, then serve!
We want to see your four-legged taste tester. If you make this recipe, post a photo on Instagram and tag us @vetriscience!