If you’re looking for ways to include your four-legged family members in the festivities this Thanksgiving, then this DIY dog treat recipe is for you! Just five simple ingredients. No baking required. Your pup will gobble these treats right up and be extra thankful they’re loaded with wholesome ingredients. In fact, you and your kids can enjoy them too!
Total time: 10 minutes
- 2 ½ cups oats
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Large mixing bowl
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper (optional)
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until fully combined.
- Form 1-½ inch balls with your hands and place them on a baking sheet.
- Chill for 1 hour (it’s okay to serve immediately to your taste tester).
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days!
Pet parent tip: don’t give your dog more than 2-3 treats a day.
We want to see your four-legged taste tester. If you make this recipe, post a photo on Instagram and tag us @vetriscience!